WELCOME BACK, LAZARUS, AND THANKS FOR THINKING OF ME IN YOUR WILL ... OH LOOK AT THE TIME I HAVE TO RUN
View fullsize in your browser
Touching lives... Changing Destinies!
Thank you for visiting our website!
Here you will find information concerning our church and its ministries. We hope you find your time spent here a blessing. Our church is a warm and loving church, and we want you to feel comfortable and at liberty to call on us for anything you need. Feel free to browse through the various areas of our website and learn about our fellowship.
If you are considering relocating to our area, we would love to have you be our guest for Sunday School and worship.
When you visit our church, you will find:
A caring congregation that will gladly welcome you
Preaching/teaching that is centered on the Word of God
Ministries to meet the spiritual needs of every age
A corporate outlet for truth-filled and moving praise and worship
In His Care,
Pastor Bill Ledbetter
We All Have Questions
"Can I Know God Personally?"
A. The Construction of the Bible
1. An accepted test of the veracity of a book is less than 20 manuscripts that were written 300 years of the events the book describes.
a. We have 20,000 manuscripts each attesting to the original New Testament documents; and we have 124 written within 300 years of the original composition of the New Testament.
B. The Continuity of the Bible
C. The Content of the Bible
1. The Impartation of Wisdom (Psalm 19:7b)
a. Choices fform and shape our lives - for good and bad; so they are critical
b. Our forfathers, the Framers believed in the Bible's crucial role in America
2. Rejoicing of the Heart (Psalm 19:8a)
3. The Giving of the Light (Psalm 19:8b)
A. The Witness of John the Apostle
1. The Lord's Ineffable Person (John 1:1-2)
a. Jesus is Eternal
b. Jesus is Equally God (John 1:1)
2. The Lord's Infinite Power (John 1:3,14)
a. His power in Creation
b. His power over natural
B. The Witness of Those Who Thought Jesus Was
Crazy (Mark 3:21; John 7:5)
C. The Witness of Those Who Hate Him
D. The Witness of the Roman Exeutioner
E. The Witness of the Empty Tomb
F. The Witness of Jesus Himself
A. I Am The Way
1. The world says Chrisianity is too Intellectually narrow.
a. Perspectivalism - religion involves personal experiences that are different from all others and can be identified when someone says, "I have my own way of spirituality."
B. I Am The Truth
1. The world says Chrisianity is too Religiously narrow.
b. Pluralism - used to say that different religions should co-exist in tolerance of one another, but now has turned into a full blown religion that says all religions are equally good and all lead to god and you must believe our way or else
C. I Am The Life
1. The world says that Christianity is too Culturally narrow, that Christianity with its cultural irrelevance and out-dated moral values does not inform culture and is too restricting
a. Christianity speaks to the righteous practice of culture
b. Christianity speaks to the needs of culture
c. Christianity speaks to the family of culture
d. Christianity speaks to the economy of culture
e. Christianity speaks to the goverment of culture
A. Five Bewares of Dealing with Pain and Suffering
1. Beware of Rejecting God (James 1:2)
2. Beware of Blaming God for everything bad that happens to us
a. Sometimes, pain and suffering are the result of our sin
b. Sometimes pain and suffering are the result of somebody else's sin.
3. Beware of Wasting your sorrows (James 1:2-11)
a. God redeems our suffering and makes it work for our good
1. Havs a new attitude about your suffering
2. He purifies and refines our character
3. He teaches us wisdom
4. He grows our faith
4. Beware of veiwing this life through Rose Colored glasses (James 1:9-11)
5. Beware of Losing your faith while living on this groaning planet (James 1:12)
Click on logo to listen to Message's
Held August 10th & 11th 2012
You can now view the Beacon online. Click on Info Center above and then Beacon newsletter.
E-MAIL If you're not receiving group e-mails, we probably don't have your address. Click on the "click here" button. You can let us know that you would like to be on our list for prayer request, praises and information.